NYC Fashion Week In Review


With so much to report on this week...here's a smattering of what came down the catwalk at NYC Fashion Week showcasing the Spring 2010 Collections.

Beautiful and inspirational as always, Ralph Lauren did what he does best. Romanticize for the real woman. Celebrating the "American Worker", RL gave us a depression era emphasis that was so on time given the current economy that I almost wanted to pull out my old Polo overalls (yes...they were in the show) and go milk a cow. Well...on second thought, maybe just look like I could milk a cow if I chose to do so but not actually perform the act!





African aesthetic meets urban chic. That's exactly the result of Arise: Promise of Africa Collective. This show included the works of 4 different designers; Folake Folarin-Coker of Tiffany Amber, Eric Raisina of Eric Raisina Haute Texture, Lisa Folawiyo of Jewel by Lisa and David Tlale. Here's my favorite look from the show and I just had to throw this guy in simply because HE IS GORGEOUS! You better work those pecks Mr. Beckford.






Moving on...


Christian Suriano. I've been a fan since his days on Project Runway (one of my favorite past times) and he just seems to keep getting better. I thoroughly enjoyed the simple, yet elegant looks he sent down the runway. Cheers Christian!





Here's a brand that has always believed in "more is more". Custo Barcelona. You have to be one heck of a confident person to don these dazzling duds! What more can be said about that?






I totally LOVE Yigal Azrouel! It may be because I was blessed to be able to wear one of his designs on one of the most significant days of my life...a milestone I'll never forget but whatever the reason, this designer's dresses are extremely high on my list of elegance. If you're out there listening Yigal...keep 'em coming, you dazzle me every time!










Comments

Popular Posts