Korto Momolu - Designer of the Month

What a privilege it was to interview Korto. I have been and admirer of hers and of her designs since she appeared on Season 5 of Project Runway...one of my all time favorite shows. Although she didn't win the designer reality show in the end, she was voted fan favorite and that "means more than winning because the fans are the people who will purchase the clothing". I completely agree. My favorite piece she designed on the show was the Seat Belt Jacket (see left). To me, it showed her true design ability. I mean, who thinks of creating a jacket made completely of seat belts?!

Invited to attend her show during NYC Fashion Week, I was able to get photos of the new collection and it was just what I expected. Simply breathtaking! Look out for er new collection of Handbags and Jewelry which recently launch in Dillard's Department Stores.

Here's a preview of the Fall/Winter 2010 Collection. Enjoy!



Photos taken by Champion Hamilton

Comments

  1. I am now a fan of Korto! Her fashion style is ingenious and I so love, love, LOVE the Carmello handbag! The Spring 2010 wrap accented with the belt is also a favorite. Thanks, Stylemayvin for your burning love for fashion and enabling your fans to view such beautiful pieces. Now, I will get my funds together as that bag is a must have! Blessings,
    kle'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts