Fashion's Oscars

"And the nominee's are..."

The 2010 CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America) Awards were as fabulous as ever! Here's my pics for Best Look of the Night!

Iman with husband David Bowie. The Supermodel look superb in a black strapless, fishtail gown by Giambattista Valli.

Loving this look for THE Anna Wintour! Work mama!

Now, a lot of folks weren't really "feeling" SJP's choice of dress but I thought it was very pretty and quite elegant. Not just because I like her style,nor because the gown was designed by the late, GREAT Alexander McQueen (although he is a personal favorite) but more so because she carried it. It's not the clothing that make the person, it's HOW confident the person is in the clothing and I give Sarah Jessica Parker two thumbs up for doing this dress justice!
I also have honorable mentions going to Gweneth Paltrow and Dakota Fanning but I was most excited for Marc Jacobs who won the award for Womenswear Designer of the Year and Jason Wu, winner of the Swarovski Award for Womenswear recognizing emerging talent. Congratulations to you both!
Photo credit: Associated Press, Reuters, JustJared

Comments

Popular Posts