White Carpet Fashion - 2010 VMA's

Tonight's 2010 VMA performances were rather "interesting"... From Justin Bieber in the pre-show, Eminem's opening performance with Rihanna and the always stylish Mary J Blige performing with Drake and Swizz Beats, it seems that by all accounts this year was a pretty good showing of talent. But...of course, the most important thing to all my fabulous friends and followers was The White Carpet! Who wore what/whom and was it a hit or a miss? Those are the pressing questions of the evening!

Before I get into the fashion piece, I have to talk"beauty" for just one moment... Can you say "Loved Katy Perry's nails"? She literally had her husband-to-be's face on each nail! Funny!!!

Since I'm such an Alexander McQueen fan as is Lady GaGa, I have to say, this dress from his Last Ever Collection is perfect for the drama of the VMA's. I could have lived without the "head dress" but then again, only GaGa can pull that off. And not only did she have numerous wardrobe changes throughout the evening (as expected), she also cleaned up in the awards department. Congrats!

Another one of my favorite looks for evening was Ciara in head to toe Givenchy. This revealing black dress is a little risque but I think she pulls it off perfectly and of course, it's right on trend with feathers and lace. Love it!

Now here's one that I thought was totally adorable and very "rocker chic". Made completely of plastic bags from Home Depot, this brought me back to my college fashion show days of aluminium foil and colorful saran-wrap, however if memory serves, our creations were not exactly this fabulous. Love this look on Ke$ha! Work that ponytail mama!
I also really like Eva Marcille in a beautifully colored mini. She's getting to be a regular on my favs list these days!


So often the VJ's and Corespondents' fashion is overlooked but since that's one of the things I love to do most, RED CARPET REPORTING (Hint, Hint) I thought it befitting to shout out Suchin Pak. Here she is in a not yet glammed up, pre-show photo wearing a long, black, beaded dress from none other than H&M! Gotta love that store! She actually did a promo online to help her choose between three really cute looks from H&M (shown) and the dress in the middle, "Retro Classic" was the winner. I like! And...this was a great way for H&M to major promotion. Wish I had thought of that one.
Photo Credit: MTV.com, fabsugar, GettyImages

Comments

Popular Posts