Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tidy Whities

Written By: StyleMayvin Staff Writer Shelby Christie

Winter whites are making an appearance this month on the red carpets. What is better than the perfect holiday pairing...Red and white! I spotted some of my fav looks and thought I would share them with all of my stylistas! I figured you could draw a little holiday fashion inspiration from these woman’s winter white looks…They aced it!

Gwyneth Patrol wore my absolute favorite look. At the premiere of her newest movie Country Strong, She sported a long sleek white dress by Emilio Pucci. It seemed ordinary from the front, but the back…ah, the back! The back of this dress is a contradiction to the front the dress! The dramatic backless laced-up, cut out bleeds all the way down Gwyneth’s leg. The statue-esque blonde looks stunning and the cut out reveal just enough leg to be sexy, without over-kill. She did a great job of choosing a look that would accentuate her height.

My next pick kept it simple when it came to wearing white. Beyoncé Knowles wore a white Antonio Berardi sheath. It displayed a modern spin on elegance. This ensemble is not as dramatic as the looks as we are used to seeing from Ms.Bey. I will chalk this demur look up to the fact that she was there to display the jewelry…Not her fierceness. I will say the dress hugged her curves in all the right places…it definitely flattered her figure.

Anne Hathaway wore my final favorite white look to the NY premiere of Love & Other drugs. It was frilly, girly-chic number by Valentino. She looked sweet and vintage in this dress. Lace detailing and a big bow amp up the girly volume on this dress and adds to the 60’s vintage feel of the look. This little dress packs BIG punch…Well done Anne!

0 comments:

Post a Comment