Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Velvet Balzer - Key Piece #1


There are few fashion items that are able to go from day to night successfully and not look "overworked" but a velvet blazer definitely falls in the NOW and LATER category.

You probably have a really cute cocktail dress in your closet that this blazer would complement for a night out on the town or dinner with the girls. Or...maybe that pair of boyfriend jeans and a lightweight sweater during the day? Either way, I have three fab jackets for you in a variety of price ranges to fit any budget.

The first adds a little dazzle to your look. The Juicy Couture Velvet Blazer ($298) is a classic cut with a little something extra that you'll enjoy having in your closet for years to come.

Many times as a taller woman I have problems finding blazers with sleeves that are not 3/4 length...on purpose. When I want my sleeve to hit right at the wrist or beyond, I turn to Banana Republic. They have a great selection of "tall" items on line but that still fit a small frame with sizes ranging from 2-16. I simply love the tailored silhouette of this Banana Republic Velvet Blazer ($175).

The final price point ($98) is this beautiful Velvet Blazer from Gap. The pushed sleeves is the perfect look for the day.
And...you you want to add a little more spice, pick up a velvet blazer in a jewel tone color. I simply adore a fabulous emerald green one I purchased at H&M years ago. Such a classic piece will never wear out it's welcome in my closet.

Stay tuned for more Key Pieces to make you and your wardrobe camera ready both night and day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment