Velvet Balzer - Key Piece #1


There are few fashion items that are able to go from day to night successfully and not look "overworked" but a velvet blazer definitely falls in the NOW and LATER category.

You probably have a really cute cocktail dress in your closet that this blazer would complement for a night out on the town or dinner with the girls. Or...maybe that pair of boyfriend jeans and a lightweight sweater during the day? Either way, I have three fab jackets for you in a variety of price ranges to fit any budget.

The first adds a little dazzle to your look. The Juicy Couture Velvet Blazer ($298) is a classic cut with a little something extra that you'll enjoy having in your closet for years to come.

Many times as a taller woman I have problems finding blazers with sleeves that are not 3/4 length...on purpose. When I want my sleeve to hit right at the wrist or beyond, I turn to Banana Republic. They have a great selection of "tall" items on line but that still fit a small frame with sizes ranging from 2-16. I simply love the tailored silhouette of this Banana Republic Velvet Blazer ($175).

The final price point ($98) is this beautiful Velvet Blazer from Gap. The pushed sleeves is the perfect look for the day.
And...you you want to add a little more spice, pick up a velvet blazer in a jewel tone color. I simply adore a fabulous emerald green one I purchased at H&M years ago. Such a classic piece will never wear out it's welcome in my closet.

Stay tuned for more Key Pieces to make you and your wardrobe camera ready both night and day!

Comments

Popular Posts