Red Carpet - Golden Globes 2011

Let me just start by saying...I LOVE FASHION!

My goodness...the Golden Globes red carpet arrivals really were spectacular last night. So spectacular in fact that I could not choose a top three! I have waaaay more than 3 favorites but I do have an absolute #1 and that is the very princess-like look worn by Olivia Wilde (Actress: House). The chocolate brown, strapless Marchesa gown with big ombre sequins was EVERYTHING! The fitted bodice with a full skirt looked beyond graceful on the red carpet and THEN...she went the extra mile and wore the most spectacular, yellow Christian Louboutin's I may have ever laid eyes on. They're so hot I had to show you the close up! Don't you love them??? I mean really, I need to rant about this for just a moment longer as I simply CANNOT contain my excitement. Most would have opted for a simple shoe...maybe a matching brown or even black strappy sandal but not Ms. Olivia! I would not change a single thing if I had worn this outfit myself. From head to toe, this look is absolutely AWESOME!




Also on my favorites list is Natalie Portman (Actress: Black Swan). This pale pink Viktor & Rolf, gown with red rose detail is quite possibly the cutest, sweetest look I've seen covering an equally cute baby-bump. I loved the clutch and jewelry choice and her up swept hair put the finishing touch on this look. Her stylist did a fantastic job!
Up next...Jennifer Lawrence (Actress: Winters Bone) who is definitely one to watch this awards show season, looks fabulous in a black and grey Louis Vuitton gown with ruffle detail and open back. Roger Vivier shoes, Judith Leiber clutch and Chopard Jewelry. I love the way the ruffles literally cascade down her frame. Not many can pull off this type of dress...you really have to be tiny. Otherwise, it's just a massive amount of ruffles...not attractive. Cudos to Jennifer!
And then...there was the Green Queens! I loved seeing emerald green on the red carpet and it was a favorite of some of the biggest names in Hollywood. Angelina Joile in a vintage style Versace gown and Robert Procop Jewels and Mila Kunis in Vera Wang were both quite beautiful.
Honorable mentions also go to Catherine Zeta Jones (as a Green Queen), Dianna Agron, Jullianne Hough, Eva Longoria, Sofia Vergara, Christina Aguilera and Sandra Bullock. Great job ladies...I can't wait for the next red carpet!

Comments

Popular Posts