2011 Oscars Red Carpet

The 83rd Annual Academy Awards may have lacked a little in the entertainment department, or so says the reports about the evening's hosts, but the red carpet definitely didn't disappoint. As I sat on the edge of my seat to see what fabulous gown would come next, I already knew it would be extremely difficult to crown "Best Dressed".

I must say, I was extremely impressed by how many of Hollywood's finest brought out the big "fashion" guns and after must deliberation, my Best Dressed vote goes to Cate Blanchett. I am such a huge fan of vintage looks and true haute couture so this dress literally made me squirm in my chair! The lilac, beaded and pleated Givenchy Haute Couture gown was already fabulous and then...the pop of color on the shoulder! The yellow beaded accents were a surprising yet genius addition, Loved it!
Jennifer Hudson has made such a transformation that sometimes I barely even recognize her...and I mean that in the most flattering way! I am so proud of her accomplishments as a woman, as an African American woman, as a Mom and I wife that I just gush every time I see her looking fabulous because I can tell without a shadow of a doubt that she feels fabulous as well. On this evening, J Hud looked like a picture of health and fitness in a tangerine Atelier Versace Halter gown. It fit her perfectly and it looks like her stylist agrees with me that orange REALLY IS the new black. Beautiful!
Chic elegance at it's finest... Gwyneth Paltrow. I loved this look on her toned small frame. Not many people can get away with full length metallic without looking costumey so this sleeveless, body hugging Calvin Klein Collection gown was a risky choice but it totally paid off! Then pairing it with Luis Vuitton earrings and broach added a simple touch of detail and as I always say...it's all in the details. Great choice Gwyn!
Another one of my favorites was Halle Berry. She is such a gorgeous woman that she really doesn't need a terribly sexy dress and this awards show, I was very happy to see her wearing this nude, crystal encrusted gown with a beautifully elegant ruffle train. She completes the look with Christian Louboutin peep toes (gasp) and 10 carat Neil Lane earrings (double gasp!). Flawless!
I loved all of these ladies looks but I couldn't wrap this up without a couple of honorable mentions. First, Reese Witherspoon looking 60's Chic is a black and white Giorgio Armani Prive' gown and $1 million of Neil Lane diamond and emeralds jewels.
Next, one of my award show favorite girls to watch... Natalie Portman. She continues to be one of the most fabulous looking pregnant women I have EVER seen grace the red carpet. Wearing a violet, off the shoulder Rodarte gown with Swarovski Crystal beading and empire waist. She completes the look with Jimmy Choo heels and Tiffany & Company Jewels.

Comments

Popular Posts