Coco Anyone?



Last night I watched the movie "Coco Before Chanel" on the Starz channel and although I've always been a bit smitten with Coco Chanel (born Gabrielle Chanel), this movie showing her life before the design house may have tipped the scales toward borderline obsession. Seriously, she was such an inspiration! To be able to accomplish what she did during the time that she did was simply amazing and all in the name of fashion. I love anyone who's a bit of a rebel but certainly with a cause is better than not. No one compares to her.



Aside from the inspiration of this movie, it really got me to thinking about the essence of style. Chanel is known for its unmistakeably classic style and one of my favorite products is the handbags. The quilted version is one you can never go wrong with. This brown classic beauty with the signature chain link strap can be purchased at Portero.com on sale for $1499. I can say one thing for the brand...the pricing hasn't changed much over the years. It's a luxury item though right? Well worth it!



I love the look of this black Lambskin Hoop Chain hobo and I swear I had one just like it in the 80's. Well, maybe it wasn't just like it but the styling was definitely the same.


Such a classic beauty... both Coco and her designs. I'm not sure if everyone can appreciate style that transcends time but Chanel is a fabulous example. When I wear my double C sunglasses, I feel great and behind those lenses you better believe I am channeling Coco. A strong, stylish, independent woman who know EXACTLY what she wants.


Photo Credit: Portero.com

Comments

Popular Posts