When I heard that Estelle would be in my town, not to perform but on promotional tour for her new album, "All of Me" releasing later this year and the current single “Break My Heart,” I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to talk fashion with the Grammy Award winning artist. I’ve admired her sense of style for quite some time, and to be honest, those girls coming out of the UK really know how to put a look together. Meanwhile, I was totally loving her MCM purse! Throwbag chic!



On the day of the interview, Estelle was wearing a beautiful, silk, multicolored scarf on her head, and who but me would ask her to show me how it’s tied? She graciously obliged and talked freely and very excitedly, if I might add, about fashion.



When asked if her current residence, Brooklyn N.Y., influences her style, Estelle says that she really holds on to her “London roots” but “loves the wonderful little shops in Brooklyn.” She admits, as most women know, it’s hard not to shop every day. She emphasizes this by saying, “I love my clothes, I love my fashion, I love shoes.” And that was the perfect segue into our lengthy shoe conversation. I love meeting and talking to other women who truly understand the importance of a tight shoe game.

Estelle says that her favorite shoe designer was, and without a second thought or any hesitation, Charlotte Olympia, someone I’d never heard of before. Of course they are based in London. “I wear her shoes to the end of the Earth!,” Estelle exclaimed. “They are comfortable and have so much style.” I think at this point we both said in unison, “How does that work?” Comfort and style? “They look so good and go with everything,” she continued.

Admittedly with “close to 500 pairs” of shoes, Estelle hinted that there would be something new added to her website soon, allowing for the purchase of her shoes. The artist said she gives a lot of them away because she has so many and a lot of them come to her free of charge. I found out that we are both a size 9, and after checking out her “look of the day” blogs on her site as well as the shoes she was wearing that day, Estelle and I are now Shoe BFF’s (in my head).

Check out a little of our one-on-one conversation before the tape ran out...Ooops


Comments

Popular Posts