MET Gala 2012

For the first time ever, the MET Gala...ie Fashion's Oscars, aired via live stream over the internet! That alone made me want to squeal with delight!

It's one thing to see photos following this spectacular event held at The Metropolitan Museum in New York each year but it's a totally different experience to actually be able to SEE the red carpet arrivals as it all happens live!

Really...this is one step closer to physically being in attendance which, mark my words, will happen for me some day soon!

So here's a peak at my top 3 looks!




Jessica Alba wearing one of my favorite designers...Michael Kors. This gown looks like it was simply made for her frame, the hair enhances the beauty of her face and compliments the bare shoulder of the dress. Jessica's makeup is alluring, yet classic and rounds out the look to perfection.



I was totally wow'd by Solange Knowles! The cannery yellow choice for this Rachel Roy gown was not only on trend but complimented her complexion in the most flattery way. The peplum style bodice shows off her natural curve, her beautiful curls and the overall dress design gave just enough dramatic flair to make her stand out from the rest.



I looove a cape on the runway but only when executed properly and Lana Del Rey in Altuzarra captured the dark mysterious, yet sexy look. The shine of the sweetheart bustier gown coupled with the stark contrast of the cape, was everything to me!

To see all of the looks from the red carpet, check out the Huffington Post coverage HERE.

Photo Credit: HuffingtonPost.com

Comments

Popular Posts