Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Rimmel Experience

*Guest Post by Celebrity Makeup Artist Joy Randall

This past weekend I had a photo shoot with Samantha Busch, wife of NASCAR driver Kyle Busch, for Clutch Auto Magazine. This is my second time working with her and she has become quite the little fashion and beauty icon of the NASCAR world!



The first time I was her MUA she asked about every little thing that I pulled out of my kit! Most "celeb" types kinda just sit there while you work your magic, checking the mirror regularly to make sure they don't "hate it"... but she's always eager to know what I'm using.

My girl T.Strong (StyleMayvin) sent over a few products for me to review and as the experienced and polished MUA that I am (*clears throat* shameless plug! lol) I thought it would be awesome to use them in the shoot with Samantha!


One of the looks was a 50's Retro/ Pinup Inspiration, and I knew the Kate Moss lipstick was going to be the perfect fit for it!


I selected #11. It's deep red with a matte finish but glides on creamy and smooth. It really stayed in place and didn't bleed, which was fantastic for the hot weather we were shooting in. Samantha fell in love with the look and felt like the ultimate pin up girl!


We also used the "Scandal Eyes" mascara, which we both fell in love with! When I pulled it out she said "Oooooh what's that?" She was already familiar with a few other Rimmel mascaras but she hadn't tried "Scandal Eyes" before. All day people kept asking if she had fake lashes on or "falsies" as she affectionately called them.

The large brush was great for her lashes because she already had major length. It fattened the lashes up and gave great volume, and I also loved how black it was. Some "drugstore" brands can be greyish...but the quality was great and it didn't run. And for an 8 hour shoot, that is really saying something!


All in all I was impressed with the products! They not only looked awesome, but both the mascara and lipstick were great for functionality and long wear. I would highly recommend both! Kudos to Rimmel.



Samantha enjoyed using them just as much as I did! She said herself that she loves Rimmel!! I can't wait to try out a new batch of products on my next Flawless client! Many thanks to StyleMayvin for sharing the products and the opportunity!


Follow Joy Randall on twitter @FlawlessMakeup for Makeup Tips, Pics and Tricks on #MakeupMondays!

**Photo Credits**
"Sneak Peak" photos from the shoot provided by JMTFOTO.com
Actual make up application photos by Flawless Makeup Art

0 comments:

Post a Comment