Nokia Lumia 920 - TechSTYLE

Let me just start by saying that my very first cell phone was a big, chunky, Nokia phone with a pull out antenna. It would get crazy hot after about a 15 minute conversation and this was way before the day of  Bluetooth connectivity. Needless to say, things have changed.

Introducing the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone...



Available in an array of fashionable colors that any stylish woman (or man) would covet. Upon arrival of my review unit, I decided that I had already fallen in love at first sight. I love a vibrant color but the northern in me, having spent many years in the fashion industry knows the importance and chic-ness of "all black everything".

The initial purpose of this review was to take advance of the 8 megapixel rear-facing camera with HD camcorder. Why? Because the StyleMayvin (that's me) knew Mercedes Benz Fashion Week NYC would be the absolute best place and time to put this camera to the test. MBFW is the most exciting time of year for the fashion industry and it only happens twice per year, February and September. Well, I braved that nasty Noreaster Snow Storm and made sure to get my fashion fix! Here are just a few of the awesome shots I was able to get!



The clarity on the still shots were almost as amazing as the designs themselves! And if you think that's as haute as I do, just look at these runway shots I got with the models in full motion...blur-free.



And for it to pick up the fabulous detail on this piece was to me a feature that could almost rival the professional photos taken by the photographers in the press pit!


I was enjoying the camera so much that during one of my visits to a blogger lounge for brunch at the fashion hot spot, The Empire Hotel, I had to snag this one of myself. Even the front facing camera takes a stunning shot...if I must say so myself.


The camera is beyond awesome for a cell phone but what about shooting video you ask? Well, just see for yourself and take into consideration that although I had a superb seating assignment, this was filmed in a very dimly lit room during MBFW at Lincoln Center.



Pretty impressive huh?

Ok so now that you know all about the camera, let me give you a bit of info about this stylish phone itself. I loved the 4.5-inch PureMotion HD+ ClearBlack Screen for multiple reasons. Aside from the obvious for photo sharing, it was also great for all of my social media needs like posting on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest...yes, these are all my favorite past time.

Another feature I grew very accustomed to having at my finger tips was the the Live Tiles on the Start screen. I actually quite enjoy the fact that it actually seems to "learn" my behaviors and favorite with each use. It's clear to me that the Windows 8 hardware has caught up to all of the other super smart, ultra performing based phones like the new Android and iPhone. I wasn't sold on the Windows phones prior to this experience but now, who knows...maybe I'll make the switch.

Want to see more of the photos I snagged? Check out these posts from MBFW: Brandon Sun, Mathieu Mirano, Joanna Mastroianni and Alexandre Herchcovitch.

*Product Review

Comments

Popular Posts