Pre-Paid Life Saver - TechSTYLE

I'm always traveling and jet setting around covering various press events to bring to my StyleMayvin readers and recently while in the airport after yet another flight, in my exhaustion I mistakenly flushed my phone... yes, in the toilet.  I had just arrived on my 3 day trip and there was really no time to find a dealer location to get a replacement. Yup...panic mode.

So just a little back story here...I've never, I repeat NEVER destroyed a phone.  All the way back to the days of my 5 lb, old school Nokia phone with the antenna, I have not broken, let alone flushed any cell phone I've ever owned so...however unfortunate, I guess it was finally my time.

Thankfully, I had a pre-paid phone that I was just getting around to reviewing and what a little life saver it was! Introducing the Nokia Lumia 521 Windows phone.


Not being able to communicate, not to mention having to obstain from being "socially media active" was, shall we say painful?!? That is until I turned on the Nokia  Lumia 521. 

The mere mention of the word "pre-paid" when referring to a phone gives the preconceived notion that the features and options will be sub par. In this case, that's so not the case!

Get great features at a great value are what you will get with the Nokia Lumia 521! I was able to snap and share photos via all of my social media outlets using the 5 megapixel camera.  I quickly fell in love with using the Windows 8 platform and touchscreen display. It made for super easy browsing and I was even able to listen to songs with Nokia music. Plus the 4" touchscreen literally put everything I needed right at my fingertips.



Here are some of the awesome features I enjoyed while using this phone: 
  • Browse the Web, download content, and stream media faster on T-Mobile’s 4G network. 
  • Windows Phone 8: The only phone with Live Tiles, designed to keep you closer to what matters most. It’s the smartphone reinvented around you. Meet yours.
  • No Contracts
  • Monthly fee of only $50 
  • People Hub: Skim your friends' status posts, see their latest photos, or post your own updates right from the Hub
  • Windows Phone has mobile versions of Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint for working on the go.
  • Call normally, or use Wi-Fi when you don't have cellular reception.
  • GPS with Navigation: Get your real-time location on maps and driving directions.
So, you ask, did I keep the pre-paid since I loved it so much or did I decide to go back to using my iPhone? Well...this one will be a cliff hanger. Stay tuned for the next TechSTYLE post for the answer. *High Climactic Music"  Dun, Dun, Duuuuun....  

Comments

Popular Posts