Saturday, September 6, 2014

MBFW Spring Summer 2015 - Day 1


This year during fashion week I am going to try...and notice I did say try, to offer a recap of events and shows I attend each day. Let's see how this goes...

H&M, Hennes & Mauritz hosted an exclusive panel discussion and shopping event at the flagship Fifth Avenue store today led by actor Kate Mara, celebrity stylist Johnny Wujek and H&M’s Head of Design, Ann-Sofie Johansson.  400 fashion and design students from Parsons, FIT, RISD, LIM and Pratt made their first stop during New York Fashion Week at H&M to engage with the trio in a group discussion on fashion, style and pop culture. Attendees also had the chance to shop the limited-edition Studio collection.


Wujek has been Mara’s stylist for several years and they are both known for their impeccable taste and approachable sense of style.  The pair was joined by H&M’s Head of Design, Ann-Sofie Johansson and moderated by Vogue Market Stylist, Cara Crowley, providing insight and expertise to the hundreds of excited students who turned out for the amazing event. In addition to the panel discussion, guests also enjoyed private shopping of the Autumn/Winter Studio collection, music spun by DJ Hesta Prynn and exciting giveaways.

Oh and Mara's shoes were too adorbs!


With so many shows and invites flying around, I do all I can not to go "fashion mad" each day but I wanted to check out Meskita and Grungy Gentlemen before I officially called it a day. Here are my favorite looks.

And this dramatic finale was all I needed to set my expectations for the shows this season.



And simply because I love to see people, especially hot models...having a good time,  I had to capture this video of them showing the crowd how to get the party started. 



Great ending to MBFW Day 1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment