My New Beauty BFF

I've been experimenting with a fabulous new find... Sweet Almond Oil by GuruNanda. Since I've also been practicing meditation for the past year or so and now getting into yoga as well, this was the perfect addition to health and wellness regimen. I mean, why not? You skin should be just as healthy as your mind and spirit. With my new beauty BFF, it's all about the body baby!



Almonds are generally known as healthy food but guess what? These vitamin, fatty acid and anti-oxident packed little gems can also do wonders for the skin and hair! This Sweet Almond Oil is like "almond joy" in a bottle. Seriously...it makes my skin happy!

So, how did they do it? Sweet almond oil is made by pressing raw sweet almonds without cooking them. So it's "cold pressed" like a fine olive oil. Side note: I have a Carribean friend that used olive oil as a skin moisturizer frequently and we had an experience with it at Miami beach many moons ago... It's a long story and one I'll probably never share but let's just say it was a very interesting beach trip. Anyway...the fact that this oil is made using little to no heat, all of the nutrients in the oil are preserved and are poised and ready to make your skin feel AH-MAZ-ING!

Sweet Almond Oil not only helps replenish ad maintain the skin's moisture levels but it also can plum and firm skin plus, it is naturally anti-inflamatory and helps sooth irritated skin. Here's all of the wonderful uses for sweet almond oil...most of which I've tried might I add.

  • Makeup Removal
  • Hair conditioning and shine
  • Massage (Definitely use it for this one!)
  • Cuticle treatment
  • Facial oil/moisturizer (Even if you're acne prone because sweet almond oil actually helps to clear this skin. Acne forming oil produced by the skin, called sebum is very different from processed almond oil because it clogs the pores but the fatty acids in sweet almond oil actually help dissolve the sebum. Pow! Take that acne!)
  • Shaving Oil
  • During/after a bath of shower
  • Anti-wrinkle and fine lines
  • Aromatherapy
  • Mix with sugar to make a delightful exfoliating scrub (OK? Seriously...this stuff is great!)
  • Stretchmarks
  • Post-Sun
  • And yes...even lip balm.
How can you get yours? It's available at Amazon.com. You can thank me later for sharing my new BFF with you.

Comments

Popular Posts