Say It Ain't So!

Ajak Deng has apparently, officially quit modeling! It shouldn't be news to any of us that the fashion and modeling industry is quite fickle but coming off the heels of a pretty successful modeling season for Deng, having walked for Tome, Zac Posen and Marc Jacobs but sometimes, enough is simply enough.

The model took to Instagram with her decision saying: “Put your best foot forward. I am happy to announce that I am officially done with the fashion industry, I will be moving back to Australia In order to live the life that I fully deserved. “ She continues, “Which is real life. I can no longer deal with the fakes and the lies. My life is too short for this dramatic life. I am thankful and grateful for every sweet souls that I have crossed path with.”

Guess we can't blame her for wanting to truly live the life she wants and if this is it, I applaud her. Go for it Sis! And...if this is her way of taking a stand on the issues surrounding the lack of diversity in the modeling industry, I can certainly understand that as well. Either way, we will miss you on the runway Ajak.


Comments

Popular Posts