All Things 21c - TravelSTYLE

Whenever I have the opportunity to travel, I enjoy exploring my hotel and all it has to offer. 21c Museum Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky is one of those places that even the name sparks a conversation. My first thought was, "What kind of name is that for a hotel?" and needless to say, as a "Museum Hotel" it held many surprises for me...seemingly at every turn. 


In fact, this guy is who greeting me upon entry into the hotel's front door and I am told that this installation is only here for a time. 



Apparently, just like any museum, all of the art work changes on a regular basis. Here's a look at some of my favorite, most interesting pieces.






















I even got in on some of the "art action"! Playing peek a boo at a giant installation of video project software created by Camille Utterback and Romy Achituv. This interactive installation allows participants to use their bodies to play with falling letters that don not actually exist. How cool is that?


And a look inside the elevation...well, this is the ceiling.


And then it was on to brunch. Even the food at the hotel restaurant, Proof On Main was a work of art! Cudos to Chef Levon Wallace for the most amazing shrimp and grits I have EVER experienced!


As I exited the restaurant I noticed yet another interesting piece of art work. The time clock counts down all day, every day...but to what end? Well, the curious thing is Steve Wilson, the hotel's owner recently turned 65 years old and decided to find out "hypothetically" how long he had left to live. So yes...as it was explained to me, this is the time clock counting down to his death.


After such an adventure just within the walls of the hotel, not even venturing outside, I enjoyed a relaxing view...


...some time at the spa (review coming soon) being greeted by a childhood friend in my room for a nice long bubble bath....

...and my 24 hour guard right outside my window,  Mr. Red Penguin (found in various places all throughout the hotel), made my stay more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined!


 In all this was literally the most intriguing hotel I've ever stayed in. I was a very happy, very relaxed girl. And for all of my North Carolina friends...look out for the new 21c opening in Durham in 2015. It's a must visit! Trust me, you will LOVE it!

Comments

Popular Posts