Pampering At 21c - SpaSTYLE

There's no other way to describe my experience at 21c Museum Hotel in Lousiville other than to say I LOVED it! I posted about the hotel and restaurant before, but my spa experience deserved its own feature. Yes...it was really just that special to me and the shirts the staff wear correctly confirm exact what I was thinking... "You Knead Me", because I most certainly did!


From beginning to end, this spa experience was like none other. I checked in at the front desk with Andy and we chatted for quite some time. I got lost in conversation with him over all of the awesome details of the hotel and he, like all of the staff I encountered seemed to know everything about the place and very enthusiastically talked about it. I think it's safe to say, they all love their job.

Andy was the epitome of Louisville hospitality saying, "Don't ever stop to chat with anyone in Louisville if you don't want to have a good long conversation cause we just talk and talk." I enjoyed every minute and Kerstin, another hotel associate, made sure I made it to my spa appointment on time.

Now, let me just start by saying that my massage therapist, Ivette was beyond amazing. Gabe, the Director of Operations said he couldn't wait for the staff to knock my socks off and in fact they did!


Ivette used a combination of 5 different techniques for me: Aroma Therapy, Table Tye, Resisted Stretching, Oththopedic/Sport Massage, and Hot Stone. Yes... you heard me right. All 5 techniques! So as we were about to get started my first question was, "What type of massage am I getting?" I actually didn't have a clue so I had to inquire why so many techniques were being used. Ivette is a an expert so I wanted to be sure I didn't miss a single detail. She told me that she "listens to what her clients say and pays attention to what she feels {their bodies say} and customizes the massage accordingly." Well duh...this is the way it should always be! She should totally teach a class.

Since I mentioned I felt like I was coming down with a head cold, Ivette chose Eucalyptus Oil and as a part of the Table Tye technique (which I had never had before) she climbed on the table with me and put deep pressure into my back. Low and behold it cracked and adjusted as if I were at the chiropractor! I instantly felt better and the actual massage had yet to start.


At one point during my service, other hotel guests... young girls from a cheerleading convention were loudly roaming the hallways and Ivette politely went out to ask them to quiet down. As a former cheerleader I understood their excitement but I must say that I beyond appreciated Ivette's efforts to make sure I was comfortable. Her magic hands were simply amazing and to close our session... fresh bottled water and chocolates. It really doesn't get any better than this!


Or does it? The cherry on top... off I ran to the steam room and sauna to enjoy the remainder of my time there. Ahhhh what a wonderful feeling being pampered at 21c. Thanks to all who made my stay one of the best experiences I've had in a very long time.



Comments

Popular Posts