2015 Oscars Gifting Suite

By StyleMayvin Contributor: Marion Accola


I popped out to West Hollywood to check out the latest trends in skincare, beauty and fashion at the 7th Annual Valentine Romance Oscar Style Lounge and Party. I wanted to find out what this year’s Oscars nominees and Hollywood stars would be “gifted.” 

After chatting with some small screen and silver screen stars it was time to get down to business and round up the best of the best for this 2015 Oscars Gifting Suite. Even if you won’t be strutting down this year’s red carpet, you can still get in the award season spirit and receive the Hollywood treatment with my top 5 gifts. 

As a lover of all things au naturale I was thrilled to try out the Pura D’or argan oil. This cold pressed “liquid gold” is imported from southwestern Morocco and carries the USDA organic certification. Try it as a daytime moisturizer, put it on the ends of your hair to prevent split ends or rub it into your cuticles- the benefits of argan oil are endless.  


Shoppe 815 was one of my favorite discoveries at the event. The company is an online lifestyle boutique curating unique his and her clothing and home products. This oakmoss soy candle makes for a great housewarming gift. The minimalist label is aesthetically appealing and the scent is clean without overpowering. Expect to hear more about this site in the future. 


I have been curious about microdermabrasion for a while now but I was always put off by the high costs at the spa. I was particularly excited about this Kelley West at home microdermabrasion set. The skin rejuvenating process uses tiny crystals to gently polish your skin and stimulate collagen and blood flow. Great for sun damage, age spots and acne, the Microderm360 is easy to use and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Watch the demonstration prior to use and become your own esthetician.   


I love new baubles and Twister Silver offers some fun indie pieces largely made with recycled metals. I gravitated to the archery bracelet and loved it as an arm cuff. The clarity necklace is adorned with a gypsum stone and makes for a great statement piece.  This L.A. based company is growing in popularity and it is easy to see why. 


I am self-admittedly very picky about my skin regimen. I am skeptical about introducing new products so I was surprised with how much I liked the MDSUN skincare line. The company was founded in 2001 by the renowned plastic surgeon, Dr. George Sun. I found the products to be light, yet effective with a subtle, clean scent. The super hydration b serum was my favorite and the vitamin B5 and hyaluronic acid formula was both soothing and hydrating. 

Comments

Popular Posts