Inspired Art

Project 1: “Object As Narrative"

As a kid I always loved getting my summer reading list and any assignment for a summer project. Admittedly, I find it a pleasure to expand my thinking. I also loved fashion and art at a very early age. 

So now, here I am after 20+ years in the industry, now in my 40's, studying Fashion & Design. + further exploring my artistic side at the same time. It's never too late so why not?


#Fashion: Anything in white or black always made for the perfect foundational canvas…allowing me the freedom to be whomever I wanted to be in that moment, wearing that item. I still believe that.



Today I learned about the concept of “how objects we wear, use or collect become avatars of ourselves.”  ~Geoffry Gertz, Faculty | @parsonsschoolofdesign 

As an artist, I am inspired by all things creative from fashion to photography to painting and more. I believe that when our minds have been opened to imaginative thinking and the inspiration that comes from that, we must take the opportunity to gather that powerful energy - then use it to bring our artistic visions, our dreams  and our personal goals to life.

This piece is entitled:, 'LOADED'





Comments

Popular Posts