In this sweltering heat wave we are having in the NY/NJ area, Uber definitely comes in extremely handy. I mean, there is simply nothing more chic than your own personal car service! I was introduced to this service last year during NY Fashion Week and have been addicted ever since. Well now, not only do they provide on-call taxi service but yes...now they've got you covered on ice cream too!
In NYC we call it ice cream. Other Uber cities say gelato, glace, eis, whippy, or something else. But what all Uber cities have in common is that today, Friday July 19th...
UBER IS ROLLING OUT ICE CREAM TRUCKS ON-DEMAND!
Join 33 Uber cities across 10 different countries in celebrating everyone's favorite frosty treat.
HOW IT WORKS
- Download the Uber app for iPhone or Android
- Request the "Ice Cream" option via your app
- If a truck is available, you and your friends will be enjoying sweet treats from Van Leeuwen and Mister Softee and Uber swag within minutes
If that's not the most fabulous idea of the summer, I don't know what is!!!
THE INSIDE SCOOP
- Ice cream trucks will be on the road in Manhattan and Brooklyn from 11 AM to 5 PM on Friday, July 19th.
- For $30 you get 6 ice creams as well as Uber tanks and sunglasses simply because Uber is just so stylish!
- No cash required! Your ice creams will be charged directly to your Uber account.
Demand for ice cream trucks will be very high so put in your request NOW!
*Note: If you request ice cream and they can't deliver, Uber will email you a coupon good for a 50% discount towards Steve's Ice Cream!